Goals of the Faculty Learning Community (FLC)
1. To empower and develop faculty to understand and integrate principles of critical pedagogy management and classroom culture which includes community building).
2. To build concrete skills in teaching around critical thinking, writing, oral communication and quantitative reasoning.
3. To foster a teaching philosophy that centers around student learning and an asset-based approach to students.
4. To build community within and between departments at CCSF and SF State.
5. To develop an extended toolbox of strategies and techniques that are effective in the classroom.
6. To develop an openness to trying new things, break down fear and shift from scarcity and competitiveness to openness and collegiality.