Become a Metro success story! Whether students take courses at the community college or university, one hundred percent of Metro core classes satisfy graduation requirements for both an associate’s and a bachelor’s degree. The highly structured curriculum puts you on a clear, fast track to graduation and success, shaving off an average of one year to graduation at university, and two years at the community college.
Metro College Success Program was developed to support the next generation of leaders in their communities. Each Metro Academy is a ‘school within a school’ to give you an educational home in your first two years of college. Metro gives you personalized support for college success through in-class academic support and tutoring. At the core of Metro is a learning community made up of two linked courses each semester, usually for four semesters.
Benefits of the Metro program:
- A learning community of students with similar interests work together during the first two years of college, getting the classes you need to progress quickly
- A clear, fast track to graduation—all Metro classes satisfy graduation requirements in general education for all 241 majors in the Cal State University system
- Instructors who are passionate about community health teach interesting classes that are relevant to real life
- One on one support from a dedicated academic advisor
- Strong academic preparation using proven learning strategies –learn to write and speak with confidence and power, and to think critically about the big questions
- Learn about ways to give back to your community and make a difference in the world.
How to apply to Metro?
For more details on the admissions process, please visit the websites below.
Access SF State Metro application at:
Access CCSF Metro application:
Link to new application coming soon.