The Metro program can readily be disseminated and brought to scale:
- Most of the program is based in required courses that are already covered by general funds
- Metro’s goals are in line with local, CSU-wide and national campaigns, to cut in half by 2016 the gaps in
- college going and college completion that separate and African American, Latino, and Native American students from white and Asian American students, and low-income from more affluent students
- Metro reduces the inefficiency of students taking the wrong courses or taking courses over and over, or churning
- The Cal State University Chancellor and Board of Trustees adopted Metro as one of six statewide priorities for the CSU system.
- We are currently developing an extensive web-based Toolkit for dissemination partners.